On this week's episode, Chris is joined by Daniel Colson, developer in our New York studio and current maintainer of all things FactoryBot. Chris & Daniel discuss Daniel's work as maintainer of one of thoughtbot's most popular open source projects and some of the parallels to thoughtbot's consulting work. They then discuss a bit more on the specifics of FactoryBot and what's in store for upcoming versions.
To round out the conversation Daniel and Chris also dig into some of the testing related best practices and patterns common to thoughtbot projects, linting and formatting tools, and even dip into the age old discussion around single quotes vs double quotes (just a tiny bit).
- How to be an open source gardener
- Mystery Guest
- Let's Not
- "What's the most painful thing you've ever had to do with RSpec?"
- Standard - Ruby style guide, linter, and formatter
- Prettier - opinionated code formatter
- Speed Up Tests by Selectively Avoiding Factory Girl
Thank you to One Month for sponsoring this episode.Support The Bike Shed