Derek and Sean discuss the left-pad saga, how other programming communities are reacting to it, and what you should learn from it as a library or application author.
- Bash on Ubuntu on Windows
- I’ve Just Liberated My Modules by Azer Koçulu
- A discussion about the breaking of the internet (Kik’s side of the story) by Mike Roberts
- Kik, left-pad, and npm by Isaac Z. Schlueter from npm
- npm Package Hijacking: From the Hijackers Perspective by Nathan Johnson
gem yanka security concern?
- Kill Your Dependencies by Mike Perham
- To gem, or not to gem by Elle Meredith
- changes to npm’s unpublish policy by Ashley Williams from npm
- ApplicationRecord in Rails 5
Thank you to Hired for sponsoring this episode!Support The Bike Shed