Steph's taking a quick break this week, but in her absence, Chris is joined by Dave Rupert. Dave is the lead developer at Paravel, co-host of the Shop Talk Show podcast, creator of The Accessibility Project, and an all-around prolific and thoughtful maker of digital things.
Chris and Dave chat about creating and sharing content like podcasts and blogs and how to get past your inner editor. They discuss the web platform and accessibility, and finally, they round out the conversation with a chat about design systems as an intersection between design and development.
This episode is brought to you by:
- Indeed - Click through and get started with a free seventy five dollar credit for your first job post
- Datadog. Click through to get a free 14-day trial and a free Datadog t-shirt!
- ScoutAPM - Give Scout a try for free today and Scout will donate $5 to the open source project of your choice when you deploy
- Dave on Twitter
- Dave's site / blog
- The Accessibility Project
- Shop Talk Show Podcast
- How to Start a Podcast
- The Good Path (on Blogging)
- Jeremy Kieth
- Jekyll static site generator
- What is the Value of Browser Diversity?
- The WebAIM Million Project
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA)
- The Accessibility Project Checklist
- Scott Hanselman
- The Hanselminutes Podcast
- Five Key Milestones in the Life of a Design System
Become a Sponsor of The Bike Shed!Support The Bike Shed