On this week's episode, Steph and Chris tackle a listener question around composition over inheritance, especially in the context of Rails which makes regular use of inheritance. Dependency injection, OOP vs FP, frameworks vs app code -- they hit it all!
They also chat about burnout and how they've dealt with it, using jq to investigate differences between json responses, refactoring tests and using
let, and Steph shares her recent learnings about graphviz.
This episode is brought to you by:
- ScoutAPM - Give Scout a try for free today and Scout will donate $5 to the open source project of your choice when you deploy
- ExpressVPN - Click through to get get an extra three months FREE on a one-year package!
- Getting Back to Work by Carl Reyes
- "If you're feeling down lately, here's a quick test to figure out why" tweet
- jq (command-line JSON processor)
- lets not
- Composition over Inheritance on Upcase
- React hooks, composition
Become a Sponsor of The Bike Shed!Support The Bike Shed