25: Throwing the Schema Out With the SOAPy Bathwater (Gordon Fontenot)
Episode 25 · July 28th, 2015 · 51 mins 11 secs
About this Episode
Derek is joined by Gordon Fontenot for a discussion of the JSON API specification, problems consuming it from Swift, and the future of functional programming in Swift.
This episode of The Bike Shed is sponsored by:
- Code School: Entertaining online learning for existing and aspiring developers. Leave a review on our iTunes page to be entered to win a free month of Code School.
Links / Show Notes
- JSON API
- Argo: Functional JSON parsing in Swift
- Swift Optionals
- Spine: A Swift JSON API client
- Curry: Swift framework for function currying.
- HAL: Hypertext Application Language
- JSON Schema
- Build Phase- For more of Gordon's insight into baseball and iOS development
- Gordon on Twitter
- Cookie Clicker
- Swarm Sim