On this week's episode Steph and Chris dig into MVP thinking and asking how we can write as little code as possible before finding out if any user will actually want the thing we're building.
They also tackle a listener question around Vim and the general ROI on honing our developer tools, discuss some of the subtleties of HTTP and forms as well as the difficulties when half of our UI is in React and the other half Rails, and lastly chat a bit about their adaptation to full-time remote work.
- VS Code
- Mastering the Vim Language talk by Chris
- Bogdan Gusiev's Rails issue describing the select multiple behavior
- postgres check_constraint
- Balsamiq Mockups
- 7 Tips for Better User Interviews with Jaclyn Perrone
- More of Jaclyn Perrone on thoughtbot's design-focussed podcast, Tentative