On this week's episode, Steph discusses a mini design sprint she led to help validate an internal admin tool while Chris muses on the merits of net negative lines of code on a project. They dig into the idea that while code can certainly be an asset, it may also be a liability. They investigate ActiveSupport::MessageVerifier for secure time-sensitive tokens. Steph shares details about her recent visit to the Ruby on Rails Podcast and Chris shares the recording for a talk he gave on understanding technology choices. Lastly, they round out the conversation with a listener question about build times and lock files and how to organize and split up our tests.
- Your First Technology Decisions Talk by Chris Toomey - video recording
- Steph on The Ruby on Rails Podcast
- Product Design Sprint Guide
- Product Design Sprint - Five Phases Overview Video
- Making Impossible States Impossible talk by Richard Feldman
- Rails View Specs