On this week's episode, Steph and Chris discuss a handful of utilities that help with their workflows and GitHub, and then dive into a handful of ActiveRecord, SQL, and postgres-related topics. They discuss safe vs unsafe migrations when dealing with larger volumes of data, adding an index safely in migration without downtime, and bringing postgres enums into Rails.
Vote for us for 'Best Dev Podcast' in this year's Noonie Awards.
This episode of The Bike Shed is sponsored by Indeed Prime
- GitHub beta jump to definition
- Refined GitHub
- Paper Cuts team at github
- GitHub permalinks
- Tell Me When It Closes
- GitHub "Custom thread subscriptions" - TMWIC native on GitHub
- Apollo codegen
- ActiveRecord safer migrations gem
- Strong migrations gem
- Strong migrations README summary of unsafe operations
- Postgres add index concurrently