2: Rails 4.2
Episode 2 · November 17th, 2014 · 35 mins 51 secs
About this Episode
Derek and Sean discuss Sean's commit access to Rails, what's coming in Rails 4.2, and how to go about making Rails code better.
- Ylan Segal wrote us to raise a clarification on one of Sandi's rules discussed in episode #1.
- Ernie Miller's RailsConf Talk
- The Rails 4.2 release notes.
- Sean's work on the attributes API.
- Aaron Patterson explains Adequate Record
- Aaron Patterson discusses adequate record, rails, and other topics on Giant Robots #100.
- Active Job
- Global Id
- Web Console
- Foreigner and Immigrant are a good foreign key combination today with Foreigner subsumed by 4.2.
- Derek's unDRY Rails Commit.
- Thanks to Rachel Cope and Reda Lemeden for our great artwork.