Chris is joined by Paul Smith to discuss Crystal, a statically-typed and compiled language with a Ruby inspired syntax. Paul has spent much of the past few years exploring Crystal and building a new web framework called Lucky.
Paul's infectious enthusiasm for the Crystal language shines through in this discussion covering some of the unique features of Crystal & Lucky, but there is plenty to enjoy even if you're not specifically interested in Crystal.
With Lucky, Paul has done a great job of taking the best of what has been built in other frameworks and bring it to Crystal, drawing inspiration from Ruby & Rails, Elixir & Phoenix, and even PHP and the Laravel framework. There's something in this episode for everyone!
- If You Gaze Into nil, nil Gazes Also Into You
- Elixir Phoenix
- Laravel Mix
- Lucky on GitHub
- Render HTML pages in Lucky
- Actions and Routing in Lucky
- Browser tests with LuckyFlow
- Dusk selectors
- Guido Van Rossum, Python BDFL, Stepping down
- VS Code
- BikeShed episode w/ German Velasco disucssing Elixir