Chris is joined by Rachel Mathew to discuss Rachel's recent experiences with
Scala on a handful of client and side projects. They discuss the benefits of
working within a type system, learning to work with a compiler, and the process
of getting to know a new language and paradigm.
Along they way they dip into the complexity of twitter as a platform for
discussion and making improvements to development workflows.
- Scala implicits
- Four stages of competence
- Scala Play - Full-featured Scala web framework, comparable to Rails
- http4s - Lower level Scala web framework
- SOAP - An approach to building APIs popular before the focus on REST APIs
- WSDL - Schemas in the land of SOAP
- Sangria - Scala GraphQL library
- neo4j - An example of a graph database
- Are Services the New Rewrite? - recent Bike Shed episode discussion
- 283: Overcoming Awkward Data (Joe Ferris) - Recent Giant Robots episode
with Joe Ferris discussing "awkward data"
- GraphQL Code Generation
- Purple Train App