167: I Feel Like We Should've Solved This By Now
Episode 167 · August 24th, 2018 · 43 mins 36 secs
About this Episode
Chris is joined by German Velasco for a discussion ranging from German's
recent transition to remote working to the wonders of the Elixir language and
the Erlang platform, blockchain, Ethereum, TypeScript, the Language Server
Protocol, and more!
- tmate - shared terminal sessions via a special build of tmux
- Sneak - Human contact for remote teams (persistent video chat for teams)
- Ryan Tomayko - Your team should work like an open source project - great
post with actionable advice for teams adopting the remote life
- How to Create a Distributed Work Culture
- 5 Things that Suck about Remote Work
- Taking the Pain Out of Video Conferences
- thoughtbot.com/jobs - Come work with us!
- Elixir - The language German loves!
- Pattern matching in Elixir
- Hindley–Milner type system
- dialyzer - Erlang static analysis
- Erlang OTP - a set of Erlang libraries & principles that carry over to
- Erlang "Let It Crash"
- Proof of Authority
- VS Code
- Language Server Protocol
- TypeScript 3.0